Monday, October 18, 2010

If Wishes were Fishes...

Oh, how I wish that Overdrive's delivery element wasn't so clunky!  Wait.  Let me rephrase...

Oh, how I wish Overdrive's delivery method was more streamlined!  That's better.  More streamlined...  as in a single computer-resident software application that accommodates both audio- and e- books. 
  • Or an application that would allow WMAs to work on a Mac (What? They work with iTunes...).  
  • Or an iDevice app that tells you to log in before you do anything else.  

OH!  How I wish their help file was navigable!  (I also wish patrons would actually look at it.)

I really wish the publishers would pick a single DAMN industry-standard format for audiobooks and ebooks and make it so we all can access the titles we want, whether we borrow them from the library or buy them from Amazon. And use them on any device we happen to own.  (And I thought the recording industry was bad!)  Jeeze!

I wish our patrons would take advantage of the great stuff we provide for them.  We have free music downloads!  That you can keep!!  Why aren't you downloading constantly?  Do you prefer to steal the music off our CDs?

I wish the reference staff would go to Credo first rather than Wikipedia. I also wish they'd learn how to do a basic search in Westlaw.  It ain't that hard.

I really wish I ruled the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment